Macaroni And Cheese Recipe
- Toasted Bread Crumbs
- 1 c. fresh bread crumbs from French or possibly Italian Bread
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Butter Macaroni and Cheese Salt
- 1/2 lb Elbow Macaroni (my preference is Barilla)
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 lrg Large eggs
- 1 can (12 ounce.) Evaporated Lowfat milk, heated to hot
- 1/4 tsp warm red pepper sauce Grnd black pepper
- 1 tsp dry Mustard
- 12 ounce (3 c.) mild cheddar, American or possibly Montery Jack Cheese
- Preparation:Heat oven to 350 degrees and set a 1 1/2 qt heatproof dish, such as a souffle pan in the oven to hot. Mix bread crumb ingredients together in a small bascking pan set aside.
- Bring 2 qts of water to a boil in a large soup kettle. Add in 1 1/2 teaspoon salt and macaroni; cook till almost tender, but still a little hard to the bite. Drain and transfer to prehated dish and stir in butter to heat.
- Meanwhile, mix Large eggs, 1 c. evaporated lowfat milk, pepper sauce, 1/2 tsp. salt (less if you are using American cheese) 1/4 tsp. pepper and mustard mix in a small bowl.
- Pour egg mix over noodles along with three-fourths of cheese; stir till thorooughly combined and cheese starts to heat.
- Place bread crumbs in oven to toast till golden, 10 to 15 min. Remove from oven and set aside. Place p an of macaroni and cheese in oven too and bake for 5 min. Remove pan from oven; thoroughly stir macaroni mix adding a little remaining lowfat milk and cheese. Return to oven and cook 5 min longer. Remove macaroni pan from oven and stir thoroughly so which macaroni and cheese cooks proportionately adding additional cheese and lowfat milk if mix does not look moist and creamy. Return to the oven for a total of 20 min, removing pan from oven once more to stir in remaining lowfat milk and cheese. Serve immediately, sprinkled with bread crumbs.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner