Caramelized Onion Tart, Salmon With Onion Confit And Re P Recipe
- 1 3/4 c. All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 stk plus 7 tbsp. butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 c. Cool water
- 3 Tbsp. Virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 lb Red onions, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/2 c. Veal stock, vegetable stock, or possibly low-salt canned broth, up to 3/4
- 3 Tbsp. Sherry vinegar, up to 4 Kosher salt and freshly grnd black pepper *SALMON WITH ONION CONFIT AND RED WINE SALMON SAUCE SALMON***
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped fresh savory
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped fresh tarragon
- 6 x Salmon fillets, 5 to 6 ounce. each
- 4 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 5 lrg Shallots, thinly sliced or possibly diced
- 2 x Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 c. Leek greens, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 c. Celery, cut into med. dice
- 2 sprg fresh thyme
- 1 lb Salmon, cut into 2 to 3-inch pcs
- 3 c. Chicken stock, low-salt canned chicken broth, or possibly veal stock
- 2 1/2 c. Full-bodied red wine Kosher salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- CARAMELIZED ONION TART CRUST
- 1. In the bowl of an electric mixer at low speed, combine the flour, salt, and sugar. Add in the butter by chunks (you may also do this by hand or possibly with a pastry blender.) When the mix is the consistency of coarse meal, add in the water and mix thorou ghly, but don't overmix. The dough will be moist (but it will be tough if overmixed.)
- 2. Gently shape the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill.
- 3. When ready to bake, divide the dough into 6 equal pcs. On a lightly floured board, roll each piece 1/8-inch thick and press into a 4 to 4-1/2 inch tart pan, making sure it extends 3/4-inch up the sides of the pan. Chill 1 to 2 hrs.
- 4. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line each shell with aluminum foil and fill with beans or possibly pie weights. Bake 15 minutes., then remove the foil and beans, reduce the temperature to 375 degrees F, and bake till light golden, about 10 minutes.
- ONION CONFIT
- 1. In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter over high heat till shimmering. Add in the onions, sprinkle with the sugar, and cook without stirring for 5 minutes. Stir, then continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook 5 minutes. more.
- 2. Raise the heat to high, add in 1/2 c. stock, and boil for 1 minutes. Add in the vinegar and continue cooking 10 to 12 minutes, reducing the heat to medium-high as the onions begin to brown.
- 3. Taste and add in stock if the onions are too tart, or possibly vinegar if they are too sweet. Season with salt and pepper and keep hot.
- TO SERVE 3 teaspoon chopped chives 6 Tbsp. Chive Oil (optional)
- 1. Remove the shells from the tart pans. Spoon about 1/2 c. of the onions into each shell, sprinkle with the chopped chives, and place on individual serving plates. Drizzle each plate with the optional chive
- continued in part 2
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner