Baked Mussels Recipe
- 2 kg mussels
- 300 ml pint water
- 300 ml pint dry white wine
- 1 x bay leaf
- 3 x onions peeled
- 2 x cloves
- 1 x salt pepper
- 350 gm tomatoes skinned seeded and minced
- 2 clv garlic minced
- 150 ml pint single cream juice 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 50 gm grated Parmesan cheese
- 50 gm grated Emmenthal cheese
- 8 sprg parsley
- 50 gm butter
- Scrub the mussels well under cool running water and remove the beards.
- Boil up the water and wine in a large pan add in the bay leaf and 1 onion with the cloves stuck into it.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- When the liquid is boiling hard add in the mussels cover the pan and cook for 5 min.
- Drain reserving the liquid and remove the mussels from their shells.
- Place in a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Chop the remaining onions.
- Cover the mussels with thetomatoes onions and garlic.
- Strain 100ml of the reserved cooking liquid through a sieve into a bowl beat up with the cream lemon juice Worcestershire sauce salt and pepper and pour over the mussels.
- Scatter the cheese down the centre of the dish and put pcs of parsley down the sides.
- Dab with the butter divided into flakes.
- Bake at 220 degrees C/425 degrees F/gas 7 for 10 min.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner