Apple Butter Cake, Easy Recipe
Cost per serving $0.37 view details
- 1 c. Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 c. I Cannot Believe It's Not Butter - Light *Note
- 1/4 c. Egg Beaters 99% Egg Substitute
- 1 1/2 c. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cloves
- 1 c. Apple Butter
- 1/3 c. Apple Juice
- 1 c. Minced Peeled Apple Abt 1 Med
- Prep Time: 15 minReady in 1 hr 25 minutes
- *NOTE: Original recipe used margarine or possibly butter
- Heat oven to 375F. Spray 9" sq pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar and margarine till well blended. Add in egg beaters (or possibly other egg substitute); blend well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring c.; level off. Add in flour and all other ingredients; mix well. Pour into sprayed pan; spread proportionately.
- Bake at 375F for 30 - 40 minutes or possibly till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cold 30 minutes before serving. If you like, top with fatfree topping.
- High Altitude (above 3500 Ft): Increase flour to 1 2/3 C. Bake as directed above.
- NOTES : This was very interesting. It had a pudding type cake consistency and tasted great!! It was a bit sticky but I do not mind which at all.
- Here is a modified version It came out very good and is slightly lower in calories. I reduced the amount of sugar (to 1/2 c.) and margarine (to 1/8 c.) and it still tasted great. [Ilene I didn't have a full c. of apple butter, but I made up for it with a bit of buttermilk and some extra apple juice. It was incredibly moist and delicious; my partner has insisted I make it again, and soon! Here's a repost for those who might have missed I made this with a few different substitutions - I used frzn cranberries instead of the minced apples, and water instead of the apple juice. ICBINB Light for the margerine. Came out very
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 94g|
|Recipe makes 9 servings|
|Calories from Fat 5||2%|
|Total Fat 0.57g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 54.57g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|