Sicilian Cannoli Recipe
- (you will need a cannoli form to make these. Many gourmet stores sell these. But if you canât find send me an email: [email protected])
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons dry Marsala wine
- Oil for frying (canola, peanut oils are best)
- 2 cups ricotta cheese(freshly made if possible
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces dark chocolate (at leas 65% cocoa)pieces or cut into small pieces or bits
- For the shell:
- Melt butter and place in bowl. A little at a time, blend in sugar,flour and Marsala wine. Mix by hand till you have gotten a smooth but firm dough. Let stand for 15 minutes and roll out, cut to round circular discs that are 4â³ in width. Heat oil in deep frying pan or fryer. Oil the cannoli form and place dough on top. Close the opening of the cannoli where dough meets and place beaten egg white to firm the closure. Fry till golden.
- For the filling:
- Place ricotta in bowl, add in sugar and chocolate pieces, belnd with wooden spoon till well blended. Fill cooked shells when cool and dust with powdered sugar.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner