Morrocan Grilled Salmon Recipe
This is a flavorful recipe that we adapted from one on Food Network. The addition of cayenne pepper along with extra garlic and cumin give this a more robust flavor than the original recipe. Serve with long grain rice or farro, pita bread, hummus or baba ganoush. Everyone we've served this to has loved it!
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges for garnish
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 6 -ounce skinless center-cut salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Stir together the yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, coriander, cumin, cayenne, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Place the salmon into a large resealable plastic and pour half of the sauce over it. Then seal the bag, squeeze to cover the salmon fully with the marinade and let sit for 30 minutes in the refrigerator along with the remaining sauce, covered. Turn the bag over once.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Lightly oil the grill and add the salmon; cook, turning once, until browned on the outside and opaque in the center, 4 to 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness. To avoid losing salmon to the grill, use a fish basket.
- Serve with the reserved yogurt sauce and garnish with the cilantro and lemon wedges.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 50g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 42||69%|
|Total Fat 4.76g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.14g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.02g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|