Mango Salsa Recipe
Made salmon burgers the other night. Wanted to make a refreshing side because the temperature was in the mid 80's that day. Aha, mango salsa. Fresh or frozen? Couldn't find fresh on my shopping excursion so bought a pound bag of frozen mangoes. The thawed mango pieces did not create a lake of liquid. In fact, the minor amount of liquid enhanced the dish. The dish comes together easily and in a short period of time. The salsa was refreshing and the flavor of all the ingredients came through. I hope you enjoy the dish. Mangia.
- Frozen mango pieces - four cups
- Three jalapenos
- Slice of purple onion
- English cucumber - about a third of one (we prefer this type of cucumber and they yield hardly any water)
- Purple onion - about a quarter inch
- Cherry tomatoes - a dozen (more or less to your liking)
- Red chili power - one to two teaspoons - optional
- Slice the mango pieces in half before thawing - easier to slice. If you are concerned about the thawing yielding too much liquid thaw first, drain the liquid then slice the pieces in half.
- Jalapenos - cut off stem tops, de-seed/de-vein and dice. I use an apple corer to de-seed and de-vein.
- Purple onion - slice off about a quarter inch and chop
- English cucumber - cut off about a third and chop
- Cherry tomatoes - slice in half
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add red chili powder. Mix. Cover and refrigerate until serving dinner.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 156g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||4%|
|Total Fat 0.24g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.03g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.32g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|