Eggs And Ham On Toast With Cheese Sauce Recipe
Cost per recipe $3.68 view details
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar salt
- 2 x Large eggs
- 2 slc buttered toast or possibly toasted English muffin halves
- 2 x thin slices boiled ham
- 1 1/2 c. , (approx) cheese sauce (recipe follows)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 sm parsley sprigs
- 4 x red, ripe tomato slices freshly grnd pepper
- 2 tsp coarsely minced fresh basil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 c. lowfat milk
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 dsh cayenne salt and freshly grnd pepper
- 1 c. grated Cheddar cheese
- Bring sufficient water to the simmer to cover the Large eggs well when they are added. Add in the vinegar and two tsp. salt. Carefully crack the Large eggs into the water and cook till the whites are set and the yolks still runny. Using a slotted spoon, remove Large eggs and drain on paper towels.
- Arrange one slice of toast on each of two plates. Top each slice with a folded-over ham slice. Top the ham with the Large eggs. Spoon cheese sauce over.
- Sprinkle each serving with a little paprika and garnish with a small parsley sprig. Serve with tomato slices seasoned with salt and pepper to taste and garnished with minced basil.
- CHEESE SAUCE:Heat butter in a small saucepan and add in the flour, stirring with a wire whisk. When blended, add in the lowfat milk, stirring vigorously with the whisk.
- Add in the cream, nutmeg, cayenne, salt and pepper to taste. If the sauce seems too thick, add in a little more lowfat milk or possibly cream. Bring to the boil and remove from the heat. Immediately add in the cheese, stirring till it melts. Reheat but don't boil.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 925g|
|Calories from Fat 821||56%|
|Total Fat 93.1g||116%|
|Saturated Fat 53.93g||216%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 83.92g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.5g||28%|