Crispy Whole Fish, Fire Roasted Chipotle Sauce, Black Rice Recipe
- 3 lrg yellow peppers roasted, peeled, seeded and coarsely minced
- 1 Tbsp. chipotle pepper puree
- 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 c. canola oil
- 2 c. peanut oil
- 4 x striped bass - (abt 1 to 1 1/2 lbs ea) cleaned, scaled Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 c. rice flour
- 1/2 lb dry black beans picked over
- 3 c. water
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 med onion finely minced
- 2 x garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 1/2 c. long-grain rice Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. finely-minced cilantro
- Fire Roasted Chipotle Pepper Sauce: Place the peppers, chipotle puree, vinegar and honey in a blender and blend till smooth. With the motor running, slowly add in the oil till emulsified and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Deep Fried Fish: Combine the oils in a deep fryer and heat to 365 degrees. Season the fish with salt and pepper on both sides. Place the flour on a plate and season with salt and pepper. Dredge the fish on both sides with the flour. Fry 2 fish at a time till golden, about 6 to 8 min. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Black Rice: Place beans in cool water and bring to a simmer. Cook till soft, about 1 hour. Drain the beans, over a bowl. Place the cooking liquid in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add in the onions and garlic and cook till soft. Add in the rice and toss to coat with the oil. Add in the warm cooking liquid to the rice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover the pan and cook for 10 to 12 min. Turn off heat and let rice sit for 10 min. Season with salt and pepper. Fluff with a fork. Mix in the beans and cilantro.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner