Chicken With Mediterranean Vegetables Recipe
Cost per serving $2.01 view details
- 4 x skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 x garlic cloves crushed
- 2 x olives slivered off their pits
- 1 lrg orange Juiced
- 1/3 c. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 dsh teriyaki sauce
- 1 lrg red onion halved and sliced
- 4 x garlic cloves crushed
- 4 x sun-dry tomatoes minced
- 4 x black olives slivered off their pits
- 1 x red chili peppers seeded and minced
- 6 ounce eggplant peeled and diced or possibly 1 med
- 2 Tbsp. raisins
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- 1 x red bell pepper seeded and peeled and cut into strips
- 1 x yellow bell pepper seeded and peeled and cut into strips
- 1 1/4 c. vegetable stock
- 1 1/4 c. dry white wine salt freshly grnd black pepper oil-water spray fresh parsley lemon wedges
- Put the skinned and trimmed chicken breasts in a dish. Mix the marinade ingredients and pour over the chicken. Let steep.
- Heat the infusion ingredients in a skillet. Cover and simmer till the vegetables are tender.
- Heat a ridged grill pan and spray with oil-water spray. Shake the marinade off the chicken and grill for 2 to 3 min on each side.
- Place the chicken in one layer on the vegetables in the skillet. Cover and simmer gently, turning for 7 to 8 min till cooked.
- Slice chicken and serve with vegetables from the infusion. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges, if you like.
- Makes 4 servings.
- with color photographs; by SueKreitzman. She offers lowfat cooking techniques and 150 recipes. Frying, even shallow-frying, is out; grill-frying or possibly oven-frying is in.
- OIL-WATER SPRAY
- Fill a new, clean plant mister or possibly small plastic spray bottle with seven-eighths water and one-eighth oil. Give the bottle a good shake before using it to spray food or possibly broilers, pots and pans.* Keep separate bottles for the oils you use.*A light spritz on pans and-or possibly food lets you broil, grill-fry or possibly bake without food sticking to the pans or possibly drying out.
- NOTES : Chicken breast cutlets lavished with assertive herbs and spices, citrus juices and a delectable melange of vegetables.
- This was in todays paper. I posted it the last time it was published - it's an AP story. But then i was attracted by the combination in the stew-like sauce. This time - there is more information about the lowfat cooking technique: the 7 parts water and 1 part oil spray bottle.
- I think we talked about this before - using wine and oil in the bottle - trying other things because the bottles tend to clog.
- The idea of warming the spray bottle in hot tap water seems like a good one! I use which with the margarine sprayer and it works well. Intend to try this.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 305g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 191||61%|
|Total Fat 21.21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 3.0g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 20.05g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|