Chicken Crepes With Asparagus And Mushrooms Recipe
Cost per serving $1.85 view details
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter - (90ml)
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour - (60ml)
- 1 1/4 c. chicken broth - (310ml)
- 1 1/4 c. whole lowfat milk - (310ml)
- 1/4 c. minced shallot - (60ml)
- 1/2 c. minced mushrooms - (125ml)
- 2 c. finely minced cook chicken - (500ml)
- 3 Tbsp. Brandy - (45ml)
- 1 lb thin asparagus, trimmed - (500grams)
- 1 stalk Thyme Herb Crepes
- 3/4 c. all purpose flour - (150ml)
- 1/2 tsp salt - (2.5ml)
- 1 pch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/4 c. lowfat milk - (310ml)
- 1 x large egg yolk
- 1 x whole large egg
- 4 Tbsp. melted unsalted butter - (75ml)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives - (15ml) Topping
- 1 x large egg yolk
- 5 Tbsp. chilled heavy cream - (75ml)
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted - (15ml)
- First the filling, using a heavy bottomed saucepan heat 5 Tbsp. of unsalted butter, when foam subsides, whisk in flour and cook till pale golden brown. Gradually add in lowfat milk and chicken broth, whisking and bring sauce to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer till sauce is silky and thick, reserve 1/2 c. sauce for topping.
- In another skillet, heat the remaining 1 Tbsp. of butter and add in minced shallot and cook till they are soft. Add in mushrooms and cook till they are lightly brown. Add in cooked mushrooms and shallots to sauce, stir in cooked chicken, Brandy and add in a stalk of thyme.
- Remove the tips from asparagus, set aside and cut the stalks of the asparagus into 1/4 inch pcs making sure you have 1 c. worth. Cook asparaguses tips in a sauces pan with boiling salted water till they are tender. Using a slotted spoon transfer the asparagus tips to a bowl with ice and water and set for a few seconds and then drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Cook and drain 1/4 asparagus pcs in the same manner and then fold the asparagus pcs into sauce.
- Herb Crepes:For the crepes, sift flour into a large bowl, add in salt, nutmeg and stir together, create a well in the flour. In a small bowl, whisk together lowfat milk, egg, egg yolk and gradually pour mix into the well of the flour mix. Whisk in 1tablespoon of melted butter and force batter through a fine sieve into a bowl and then fold in chopped chives.
- Using a non-stick skillet, brushed lightly with melted butter, spoon in 2 Tbsp. of batter, tilt skillet to coat bottom. Cook for 6 to 10 seconds, then lift crepe with spatula and cook till crepe is cook through. Repeat till you have your desired amount of crepes, brushing skillet with melted butter as needed and stacking crepes on a plate, placing a sheet of paper towel between each crepe.
- Spread 1/4 c. of filling into the centre of each crepe and roll into a cylinder. Line a baking dish with the rolled crepes, seam side down. Bake for 15 min.
- Topping:For the topping, stir together yolk, 2 Tbsp. of cream and reserved sauce till smooth. Whip remaining 3 Tbsp. of cream till it holds soft peaks, and then mix in to yolk mix.
- Spoon topping over crepes and broil 5 to 6 inched from heat till lightly browned.
- Heat butter in a skillet, then add in reserved asparagus tips and toss till hot.
- Plate crepes with asparagus tips, serve and enjoy!
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 272g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 258||61%|
|Total Fat 29.16g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 13.92g||56%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 18.26g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|