Baked Thai Tofu With Cucumber Relish Recipe
Cost per serving $1.22 view details
- 2 lb hard tofu cut in 12 flat rectangles
- 1 c. vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chile paste Cooking spray
- 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. water
- 10 x cilantro stems
- 2 x cloves garlic, chopped Salt, to taste
- 1 x cucumber cut in half lengthwise seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp chopped ginger root
- 1/4 tsp chile paste
- 2 Tbsp. coarsely minced cilantro leaves, (optional)
- Makes 6 servings
- Most Thai recipes include the instructions "brung tam chop jai," or possibly season to taste. " In older recipes, no quantities were given. Thais believe each cook tends to favor one of the four basic seasonings (warm. sweet, sour, or possibly salty) and will season to his or possibly her own preference.
- 1. Arrange tofu slices in a large shallow dish. Mix together marinade ingredients, pour over tofu, cover, and chill overnight.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400g. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Drain tofu and gently place slices on sheet. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake about one hour, turning occasionally, till lightly browned.
- 3. While tofu is baking, prepare Cucumber Relish. In a medium pan, combine vinegar, sugar, water, cilantro stems, garlic, and salt. Bring to a boil; stir till sugar dissolves. Strain and cold.
- 4. In a medium bowl, mix together cucumber, ginger, chile paste, and minced cilantro, if you like. Pour vinegar mix over, and let stand, uncovered, while tofu bakes. Serve tofu with relish.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 249g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 37||27%|
|Total Fat 4.13g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.62g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.84g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|