Zucchini, Yellow Squash & Radish Salad Recipe
So colorful, light and refreshing, this goes over well at summer feeds, and helps use up your garden harvest. Make this in advance to allow a thorough chilling, about 2 hours. It's best served the day made. Sub any veggies you want for variations, or change to a main dish salad over pasta. Leftovers can top salad greens for yet another variation. See the photos, captions and notes for information.
- 2 cups zucchini, julienned
- 2 cups yellow summer squash, julienned
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup snipped curly parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or canola)
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Â½ teaspoon dill weed
- Â½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper (or black)
- In large bowl gently toss zucchini, yellow squash, radishes and parsley.
- In small bowl or shaker jar, mix oil, vinegar, mustard, dill weed, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and mix lightly. Cover and chill for 2 hours before serving.
- Yield: 6 side dish servings.
- NOTE: For variations, add 1/3 cup sliced green onions and 1 cup peeled seeded and chopped cucumber (see Photo #2.) Served on a bed of spaghetti or bow-tie pasta, this makes a delicious vegetarian main dish for three. Leftovers next day can be served on top a bed of romaine or other salad greens, and topped with walnuts, feta and grape tomatoes (Photo #3.)
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 114g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 82||83%|
|Total Fat 9.28g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1.29g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.53g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|