Zucchini Pico de Gallo Salsa or Salad Recipe
As delicious to taste as it is to behold! And just one more recipe in your zucchini cookbook arsenal. Easy to swap out ingredients on hand for the array in this recipe. Cucumber, cauliflower, green onions, etc. You select your level of desired heat by type and amounts of peppers - jalapeno, verses poblano vs. bell peppers. For the salsa dip I small-diced (1/4") all veggies. Next time I'll make it into a salad by regular 1/2" dicing. The lime dressing is perfect by itself even as a salad dressing, there's no need for any olive oil.
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, diced (8 ounces or 1 2/3 cups
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced fine (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- In medium-size bowl, combine all ingredients and toss lightly but thoroughly. Refrigerate for one or more hours before serving.
- Yield about 4 1/2 cups: as a dip enough for 12-16 servings; as a side salad enough for 8 half-cup servings.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 658g|
|Calories from Fat 10||7%|
|Total Fat 1.23g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.23g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 32.66g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.1g||27%|