Zucchini and Apple Muffins Recipe
The best zucchini muffin recipe I've ever had - bar none. This makes 24 muffins, so cut down if that's too many, or simply take the extras on a muffin-run to friends and family!
Cost per serving $0.25 view details
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cooking oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (not teaspoon!)
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon (not teaspoons!)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups zucchini, grated (about 8 ounces)
- 1 medium apple peeled, cored and shredded, about 1 cup (Granny Smith, or your favorite baking apple)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Paper-line, grease or spray two 12-count muffin pans; set aside.
- Whisk sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla in large bowl until smooth.
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking power, and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, apple, and walnuts just until batter is combined - do not overmix.
- Portion into prepared muffin pans and bake about 18-22 minutes (dark or shiny pans will bake differently so use other indicators of doneness in addition to the time, such as golden brown around edges, toothpick in center tests clean, light finger press in middle bounces back, etc.)
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 52g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 66||42%|
|Total Fat 7.47g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 0.71g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.16g|
|Total Carbs 21.28g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|