Zingy Haloumi Salad Recipe
Servings: 4 servings
Cost per serving $0.28 view details
- 1 small red chilli, seeded & finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp small capers, rinsed & drained
- 3 heaped tbsp Italian (flat leaf) parsley, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- olive oil
- Haloumi cheese, sliced
- plain flour
- a good handful of rocket leaves
- Â½ red onion, very finely sliced
- To make the dressing, combine the chilli, garlic, capers, parsley and lemon juice with 4 tbsp oil. Taste for seasoning and set aside.
- Lightly flour the cheese and then panfry in a thin layer of hot oil until golden on both sides. Drain well on kitchen paper towels.
- Dress the rocket and red onion with a little fresh oil.
- To serve, mound the salad on individual plates, arrange the cheese on top and spoon the dressing down the centre.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 28g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.05g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.4g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|