You’ll love This Heavenly Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
Cost per serving $1.12 view details
- Ingredients for Soup:
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2Â½ cups chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 (6-inch) corn tortillas, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons Spice of Life âSouthwestern Mesquiteâ spices or make my blend of spices, see shopping tips below
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, I like Swansonâs
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 oz) can yellow hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- Juice of 1 lime
- Ingredients for Topping:
- 1Â¼ cups reduced-fat tortilla chips, crushed
- In a large nonstick pot, add olive oil, onions and garlic. SautÃ© for 1 minute.
- Add chopped tortillas, tomato paste, and Southwestern mesquite seasonings or my blend (see shopping tip) and sautÃ© for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and tomatoes. Bring up to a boil, turn down heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add hominy, beans, chicken and fresh squeezed lime juice. Mix well. Cook 10 minutes more.
- Shopping Tips-At a wine event on the Central Coast of California, I discovered the most amazing spice company called Spice of Life. They sell many fabulous blends of the most delicious, all natural spices. In this recipe, I used their âSouthwestern Mesquite.â It gives this soup a rich, wonderful flavor. Visit their website to order some or see where they sell their line of spices at www.PasoSpices.com. You wonât be disappointed! And, theyâre super nice people too!
- ***If you donât want to use Spice of Lifeâs blend, you can make your own with this combination of spices-2 teaspoons paprika, 1 teaspoons chili powder and 1 teaspoon cumin. If you desire more heat, add â teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne).
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 336g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 126||31%|
|Total Fat 14.1g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 2.61g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 53.06g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.1g||30%|