Yogurt creamy CHOCOLATE fondue dip...just 4 ingredients! Recipe
With all recipes of the typical Chocolate Fondues combined, none have come close to this light, scrumptious and decadent guiltless version. Over the years and many experimental tries later, I finally managed to make the ingredients blend just right.
The fact that there's no need for a bottom burner to keep the chocolate soft and smooth is definitely an added bonus.
For a dedicated post...refer to:
- . > American / Metric measures <
- . 5 oz. (150 g) semisweet* (50-60%) Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- . 1/3 cup (60ml) of 35% whipping Cream
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) pure Vanilla extract
- . 1/2 cup (125ml) 2 to 6% yogurt
- .* If using (65-70%) bittersweet Chocolate...Add a sweet Syrup: for example: 1/4 cup (60ml) [Maple syrup OR 1/8 cup (30ml) of Agave Nectar]
- . Setup the ingredients in 3 small easy steps.
- . > Step 1: In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt and vanilla. Set aside.
- . >> Step 2: In another small-medium bowl, pour whipping cream over the chopped chocolate. Place it into the microwave* on HIGH for 50 seconds. Let it rest 30 seconds more before stirring it until the chocolate becomes completely melted.
- . >>> Step 3: Add the yogurt mix gradually into the chocolate mix until all well blended.
- . * OR melt chocolate with the Stove-Top Method: In a small-medium sized bowl: place the chopped chocolate. Set aside. In a small pot, warm up cream at MEDIUM heat until you see bubbles around the edge of the pot. Remove from the heat and let it stand 5 minutes. Pour this cream over the chocolate and let stand for another 5 minutes. Then, with a small spatula, stir until all is melted. At this point, you can add the optional sweet syrup.
- . Flavourful wishes from Claudia's kitchen...Foodessa.com