White Cheddar Grits with Veggies Recipe
This Garlic White Cheddar Corn Porridge with Roasted Veggies side dish is perfect for any occasion or makes an amazingly hearty and satisfying vegetarian main dish. Wholesome, flavorful and oh so easy to make!
Cost per serving $1.69 view details
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup quick-cooking hominy grits
- 2½ cups white cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1-inch rounds
- 4 baby zucchini, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 8 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 red onion, sliced in half and quartered
- 1 small head radicchio, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 red cayenne pepper, thinly sliced, if desired
- ⅛ cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 3-quart pan, bring broth and garlic to a boil over high heat. Stirring, slowly add the grits. Reduce heat to simmer and stir frequently for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1½ cups cheese until melted.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs and milk. Using a whisk, slowly add the egg mixture to the grits. Beat until thoroughly blended. Pour into a buttered 2-quart baking dish and sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered in the oven until the top is golden brown, about 45-50 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the vegetables to roast.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. Place the cremini mushrooms, zucchini, bell peppers, asparagus, red onion and radicchio in a large bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil, then season with the rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; gently toss to combine.
- Lay the vegetables out on the prepared pan in an even layer.
- After the grits are done, remove them from the oven and cover with foil to keep warm while you roast the vegetables.
- Turn the oven up to 425°F. When it reaches temperature, roast the vegetables in the oven until they are tender, about 15 minutes, tossing them once during that time.
- To assemble, place the roasted vegetables down the center of the grits and sprinkle with sliced red cayenne pepper (if desired) and feta cheese. Serve immediately.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 317g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 172||52%|
|Total Fat 19.49g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 10.03g||40%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.24g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|