Warm Zucchini and Rice Salad Recipe
Keeping fit during the summer months is a key concern for many, and eating wholesome meals at home is a great way to stay on track. But finding flavourful recipes that are easy to make can be a challenge. This simple zucchini and rice salad is sure to please the most complex of palates. To say it's easy to make is an understatement.
- 4 (125 g each) Minute Rice Cups Ready to Serve Long Grain & Wild Rice – Chicken Flavour
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grainy mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) honey
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) cubed cooked chicken (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dried cranberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby spinach
- Add cubed, cooked chicken, if desired.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat; sauté zucchini, garlic, salt and pepper for 4 or 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Whisk together remaining oil, vinegar, mustard and honey until smooth; add to skillet along with rice. Cook, stirring, for 2 or 3 minutes or until rice is heated through. Stir in chicken (if using), pistachios, cranberries and baby spinach. Serve warm.