Walnut Sweet Potato Coffee Cake Recipe
Cost per serving $0.50 view details
- 2 c. unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking pwdr
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grnd cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon grnd allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon grnd ginger
- 1/2 c. minced walnuts
- 4 tbsp. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 2 extra lg. Large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. lowfat milk, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. light cream, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 1 c. steamed and pureed sweet potatoes, at room temperature
- Lightly butter and flour a 10 x 3 3/4 x 3 inch loaf pan; set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, baking pwdr, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and ginger onto a large sheet of waxed paper. Place the walnuts in a small bowl and toss with 1 tsp. of the sifted mix.
- Stir together the melted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl, using a wooden spoon or possibly flat paddle. Beat in the Large eggs, one at a time, blending well after each one. Beat in the lowfat milk, cream, vanilla, orange rind and pureed sweet potatoes. Add in the sifted flour mix and stir. Mix in the floured walnuts. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- For the topping, put the butter cubes, walnuts, sugar and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Crumble the mix together with your fingertips till the butter is broken down into small bits. Sprinkle the topping proportionately over the top of the cake.
- Bake the cake on a rack placed in the lower third of the preheated oven for about 45 min, or possibly till a wooden pick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean and dry.
- Let cold in the pan on a wire rack for 5 min. Invert onto a second cooling rack, then invert again to cold. Makes one 10 x 3 3/4 x 3 inch loaf cake.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 91g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 89||30%|
|Total Fat 10.24g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 4.93g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 44.93g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|