Walnut Crisps Recipe
This recipe is adapted from "12 Best Foods Cookbook" by Dana Jacobi.
"These cookies with an elusive touch of cinnamon are perfect with fruit salad or a cup of espresso and they make a delicious mid-afternoon nibble."
I usually double or triple the recipe.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sucanat
- 1 1/2 T unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 t ground cinnamon
- 1/8 t baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2. In a food processor finely chop the walnuts.
- 3. In a mixing bowl, beat the egg. Stir in sucanat and beat vigorously until the mixture resembles grainy caramel, about 1 minute. Mix in the nuts, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- 4. Drop the batter on the baking sheet, 1 tablespoon at a time 2" apart.
- 5. Bake the cookies for 10-13 minutes, until cookies are browned around the edges. They may still be soft when they come out of the oven, but they harden as they cool. Cool the cookies completely on the baking sheets, then lift them off the parchment.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 4g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 14||78%|
|Total Fat 1.64g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.46g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|