Very Berry Starwberry Muffins Recipe
Its a tale of Valentines Day this year. My husband isn’t a big fan of celebrating such ‘western’ events and hence the day passed pretty much like any other day, except that I was really bored that day since I didn’t have any cooking or any other chore to do. So I thought of going through some recipes online. Suddenly it hit me that my husband had vaguely hinted a few times that I don’t make any dessert with strawberries, strawberry being his most favorite fruit.
So, well, I started searching and I came across this recipe video of strawberry muffins by Chef Rahat. The recipe seemed quite interesting as it used fresh strawberry chunks and the final look of the muffins was so tempting that I decided to try it the next day. And so I did, and the result was amazing. It looked truly like muffins (unlike some recipes where the muffins end up looking more like cupcakes!) and tasted really delicious specially because of the soft strawberry chunks.
- Strawberries 1 Â½ cups (cut in chunks)
- Flour 3 cups
- Butter 125 gm (melted)
- Baking Powder 1 tbsp
- Castor Sugar Â½ cup
- Brown Sugar Â½ cup
- Eggs 3
- Milk 1 cup (approx.)
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Grease muffin tray/ muffin cups.
- In flour, add baking powder and both sugars and mix with spoon.
- Beat eggs and add to the batter.
- Melt butter and add to the batter.
- Add milk (3/4 cups initially) and mix well with spoon. If the batter seems too hard, add more milk as required.
- Also add the chunks of strawberries and mix well with spoon.
- Fill 3/4 of muffin tray/ cups with batter leaving space at top for rising.
- Bake at 200 C (425 F) or gas mark 6 for 15-20 minutes.
- Decorate with whipped cream or icing sugar.
- Makes approximately 20-22 muffins.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 72g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 88||30%|
|Total Fat 9.98g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 6.0g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 45.51g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|