Venezuelan Shrimp Meal Recipe
Venezuelan Shrimp Meal is an easy and quick 25 minute skillet casserole recipe for a type of stir-fried shrimp which is popular in South America, Mexico and Peru. Features include: Shrimp, bell peppers, ginger, cumin, annatto, Dijon mustard and white rice. Makes 4 servings and is also a healthy, low calories, low fat, low sugars, low carbohydrates, diabetic friendly and Weight Watchers (7) PointsPlus recipe.
- 1 Onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp ground annatto (turmeric may be used instead)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 lb large shrimp, cleaned, butterflied*
- 2 cups hot cooked white rice
- Cook onion, red bell pepper and gingerroot in salad dressing in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in mustard, annatto or turmeric and cumin until blended.
- Add in the shrimp; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through. Serve over the rice.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 278g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 144||38%|
|Total Fat 16.05g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 2.49g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 30.61g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|