Vegetable Pinwheels Recipe
In celebration of World Vegetarian Month in October,here's one tasty trendy recipe which'll have your guests coming back for more.Throw a Trendy Vegetarian Dinner Party...try these vegetable pinwheels for the perfect dinner starter.
Aubergine is a vegetarian's dream. Its versatility, texture and ability to carry flavors well makes it a great alternative to meat.In this delightful dish, the thinly sliced aubergine is wrapped around an Italian-inspired medley of mozzarella, basil, courgettes and capsicum, drizzled over with balsamic vinegar.
- 1 large eggplant, cut in thin slices
- 3 courgettes, cut in thin slices
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 red peppers
- Handful of basil leaves
- 100g buffalo mozzarella
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Heat a barbecue to a medium heat. Rub the vegetables with oil and place on the barbecue for 2 minutes, then turn for a further 2 minutes until cooked through. Remove and cool.
- 2. Chargrill peppers whole, turning with tongs until they blister and start to blacken on the outsides. Remove and place in a plastic bag to cool. When cool enough to handle, peel off the skin, remove the seeds and slice into quarters.
- 3. On the bench lay the eggplant, cover with 2 slices of courgette, peppers, and basil leaves. Place a piece of mozzarella in the centre, season with salt and pepper and roll.
- 4. Slice each vegetable roll in half. Drizzle with balsamic and serve.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 73g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 31||69%|
|Total Fat 3.52g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.49g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.23g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|