Vegetable Achar/Pickle Recipe
whether you have it as a side or condiment, it's sure appetizing.
Servings: 20 person
Cost per serving $0.26 view details
- 1 white radish (sliced thinly)
- 1 zucchini ( sliced thinly)
- After washing, add 1 tbsp of salt, place of a flat tray and dry in the sun.
- Remove when veges are completely dried.
- Other Ingredients
- 1/4kg green chillies (broken into 2)
- 1/4kg shallots
- 3 whole garlic (break into cloves & remove skin)
- 2 inches ginger (sliced)
- 20 birds eye chillies (optional)
- 2 inch ginger (sliced - for frying)
- 1 bottle vinegar (300ml)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp mustard seeds (crushed and blow off the skin)
- 1/2 cup oil
- salt to taste
- When oil is heated, saute garlic for 2-3 mins.
- Pour in vinegar, add turmeric, sugar and salt.
- Simmer till it boils.
- Taste and balance up the flavors as per your liking.
- Off heat, add the prepared ingredients; veggies and chillies.
- A couple of good stirs.
- Let cool down before bottling and storing in the fridge.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 64g|
|Recipe makes 20 servings|
|Calories from Fat 49||56%|
|Total Fat 5.55g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0.43g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.14g|
|Total Carbs 8.65g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|