Vegan Soup with Soba Noodles Recipe
Vegan Soup full of flavor!
Cost per serving $2.61 view details
- Keep Warm with Hot Soups!
- Whether dropping by the cleaners, or heading to Braddock Express to pick up a Diet Coke, Iâve been getting stopped by friends, and sometimes strangers with the same question, âItâs so cold, and Iâve been under the weatherâ¦.do you have any good soup recipes?â
- Soup is an excellent food choice for these cold winter days. Not only does soup warm your bones, it also provides hydration for our bodies; something that is often neglected during the winter months. Soup can be enjoyed anytime during the day; morning, afternoon and night. Itâs easy to exercise your creativity with different types of broths, veggies, and proteins; nothing is off limits. Try different starches in your soups such as gnocchi, wild or brown rice, potatoes, (sweet, new, or Yukon), spaetzle, tortellini, orzo, dumplingsâ¦the possibilities are endless!
- One of the good things about making soups is that it enables you to get rid of some of the left-over foods in your refrigerator. Any scraps of vegetables, chicken, beef, and other items can all be combined to make an original, delicious concoction.
- Here is a vegan recipe I came up with recently. Itâs easy to make, and can keep for at least one week in the refrigerator.
- Vegan Asian Vegetable Soup with Sweet Potatoes, Butternut Squash and Soba Noodles
- 3 quarts of water
- 3 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups peeled, chopped carrots
- 1 cup peeled, chopped sweet, or Vidalia onion
- 1 cup leeks
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cups of broccoli florets, blanched
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed, and blanched (pre-cooked)
- 2 cups of butternut squash, peeled, cubed and blanched (precooked)
- 4 ounces of cooked Soba noodles
- 2 cups cubed eggplant (purple Asian if available)
- Â½ each of sliced yellow, orange, red, and green peppers
- 1 cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons of fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons of organic honey
- 1 can of good quality, organic coconut milk (approximately 13 fluid ounces)
- 1 cup of cubed, firm tofu
- 1 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 bunch of fresh basil chopped
- Â¼ cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon of lime zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, place three tablespoons of olive oil on medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the celery, carrots, onions, leeks, and shallot. SautÃ© the vegetables until they become lightly browned; then deglaze with water. Add the coconut milk, fresh ginger, and honey. Stir this mixture, and let cook for 15 minutes on low heat. Place a sautÃ© pan on high heat with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Sear the eggplant until it is browned, remove from heat and reserve.
- Place the broccoli florets, chopped peppers, water chestnuts, tofu, blanched sweet potatoes and butternut squash, and eggplant in the soup pot on low heat, and continue to cook for ten minutes.
- Add the chopped parsley, cilantro, fresh mint, basil, soba noodles, sliced green onions, and lime zest- cook for five minutes on low heat. Taste your soup, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy with friends and family!
- Chef Chuck
- [email protected]
- see above
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 818g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 92||28%|
|Total Fat 10.42g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 1.87g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 52.38g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.6g||19%|