Valentine Sugar Cookie Cutouts Recipe
Cost per serving $0.06 view details
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (I sifted before measuring)
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Granulated sugar (I used large sugar crystals)
- In large bowl beat powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract, and egg with electric mixer on medium speed.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours until thoroughly chilled.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie baking sheet with shortening or cooking spray.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half 1/4-inch thick on lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shapes with 2 to 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter. Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 7-8 minutes until edges are lightly golden brown. Remove cookies from pan to wire racks and cool thoroughly.
- Yield: about 5 dozen 2-inch cookies.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 13g|
|Recipe makes 60 servings|
|Calories from Fat 28||47%|
|Total Fat 3.2g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.98g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.06g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|