Upside Down Pineapple Cake Recipe
Cost per serving $0.81 view details
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted and melted
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 can pineapple tidbits or rings, well drained
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1-8 maraschino cherries
- 15-20 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease 9-inch cake pan.
- Melt the 1/4 c. butter and stir into the brown sugar.
- Pour into the cake pan, spreading evenly over the bottom.
- Add the pineapple tidbits or rings,
- Put a cherry in middle or in middle of the pineapple rings.
- Decorate top and edge with pecan halves.
- Set Aside.
- In small bowl mix dry ingredients together: flour, baking powder,
- salt and cinnamon. Set Aside.
- In a mixer bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beat after each egg.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Begin adding the dry ingredients alternately with the milk.
- Beat well to blend.
- Pour and spread batter over the pineapple and decorations.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or when test toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cake cook 5 minutes on a rack.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen cake.
- Turn the pan upside down over a serving platter.
- Serve the cake warm or room temperature with whip cream or ice cream.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 179g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 181||39%|
|Total Fat 20.65g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 11.85g||47%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 67.14g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|