Upside down banana cake Recipe
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of margarine
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4/ 5 ripe bananas
- enough sugar to make caramel on bottom of baking sheet ( I would say around 2 cups )
- How to make it:
- First we want to make sure the bananas are very ripe, soft almost going bad, they are the perfect ones for this cake. Lets slice them the long way and reserve it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites, beat the egg whites with the whipping tool on your KitchenAid Mixer till the point they donât fall from the spoon, reserve.
- Now, lets beat the yolks, 2 cups of sugar, vanilla extract and margarine till it turns into a cream.
- Turn the speed on your Mixer down and start pouring the milk, after that slowly start pouring the flour till all combined.
- Turn off your mixer and add the fluffy egg whites into the batter and fold it very gently.
- The last ingredient will be the baking powder and once again folding the batter till the baking powder is all mixed in the batter.
- Turn on your stove on medium heat and set a baking sheet ( I use glass baking sheet ) over it. Pour the sugar (start with 1 cup) on the bottom of the baking sheet and wait till it turns caramel.
- With the help of a spoon, start bring the caramel up the sides and bottom of the baking sheet, if caramel is not enough add more sugar till you have enough to cover bottom and sides.
- Cover completely the bottom of the baking sheet with the sliced bananas and pour the cake batter into it.
- Bake it at 350F. Do the tooth pick test to see when your cake is ready, I would start checking after 20 minutes.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner