Two-Potato Salad With Bacon And Corn Recipe
Cost per serving $1.61 view details
- 6 Medium Yukon Gold Potatoes, Peeled, Sliced 1/8-Inch Thick
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato, Peeled, Sliced 1/8-Inch Thick
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 8 Thick Slices Bacon, Diced
- 3/4 Cup Reduced-Sodium Beef Broth
- 2 Cups Roasted Corn Kernels (2 Medium Ears)
- 1 Small Red Onion, Diced
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Prepared Mustard, Stone Ground
- 1 Tsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground White Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley, Chopped
- 3 Large Hard-Cooked Eggs, Cut Into Wedges
- 3 Medium Tomatoes, Cut Into Wedges
- Place potatoes in large saucepan; add enough water to come 2 inches above them. Add 1 tablespoon salt. Heat over medium-high heat; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced with bamboo skewer, about 8 - 12 minutes. Drain thoroughly, shaking off excess water; set aside in large bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in medium skillet over medium-high heat cook diced bacon until crisp. Use slotted spoon to transfer bacon to paper towel. Pour 1/4 cup of the bacon drippings over drained potatoes; toss gently. Discard any remaining drippings. Let rest 15 minutes. Pour broth over potatoes; toss again.
- Use sharp knife to cut corn kernels from cob; add corn and onion to potatoes. Toss gently. In small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard and sugar. Season with salt and pepper; whisk in oil. Gently stir dressing into potatoes; stir in 2 tablespoons of the parsley and half of the bacon.
- Transfer salad to serving bowl; garnish with egg and tomato wedges. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley and bacon; cover with tea towel until ready to serve. Salad can rest at room temperature 30 minutes; to reserve it longer than 30 minutes, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Remove from refrigerator 20 minutes before serving.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 349g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 294||61%|
|Total Fat 33.07g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 7.13g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 40.58g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.0g||13%|