Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes is a delicious, easy and quick recipe for a holiday side dish. It will become your favorite sweet potato recipe for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is also a generally nutritious recipe. It is a low calorie, low fat, low sodium, low cholesterol and low in carbohydrates and though NOT a diet recipe it calculates to a WW (5) PointsPlus recipe. Apple juice, brown sugar, marshmallows, ginger, coconut and butter combine to make this a recipe you will add to your holiday menu. Great for any special occasion meal. Makes 12 Servings. Source:
- 6 sweet potatoes (2-1/2 lb.), baked, slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 6 Tbsp apple juice
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out centers, leaving 1/8-inch-thick shells. Mash potatoes in medium bowl. Add the 1/2 cup butter, apple juice, brown sugar and ginger; beat until fluffy.
- Spoon into the shells. Mix remaining ingredients; spoon over potatoes.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 72g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 79||54%|
|Total Fat 9.06g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 5.83g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.16g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|