Turkey and cabbage casserole Recipe
Cost per serving $2.84 view details
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 80g onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g turkey meat (steaks), cut into strips
- 400g tomatoes from the can, whole, peeled
- 100ml water
- 1 tbs Vegeta Natur or similar seasoning
- 250g cabbage, sliced into strips
- 250g Savoy cabbage, cut into strips
- 2 tbs cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- Sauté onion in hot olive oil, add ginger and garlic, sauté for 1 minute.
- Add turkey pieces, sauté for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Add tomatoes, crush them with wooden spoon, then add water.
- Stir in Vegeta Natur, bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cabbage, Savoy cabbage, vinegar, coriander, turmeric and white pepper, cover and let it simmer for about 10 minutes or until Savoy cabbage and cabbage are done.
- Meanwhile lightly toast sesame seeds in a pan without oil. Sprinkled over turkey and cabbage.
- Serve with cooked Basmati rice.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 337g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 95||41%|
|Total Fat 10.83g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 1.99g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.87g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||16%|