Triple Cranberry-Walnut Quick Bread Recipe
Cost per serving $0.31 view details
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Chilled & Diced (No Substitutions)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Orange Juice
- 1/4 Cup Cranberry Juice Cocktail
- 1 Tbsp. Orange Zest
- 1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Cranberries, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts, Toasted & Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of a 9 x 5-Inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut butter into flour mixture until coarse crumbs form.
- Mix together egg, orange juice, cranberry juice, and orange zest. Make a well in the center of flour mixture. Add juice mixture all at once to well, tossing with a fork until dry ingredients are just moistened. Stir in cranberries and nuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake bread until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55 - 60 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Turn bread out onto rack to cool completely.
- Tip: To allow the flavors to fully develop, wrap cooled bread in aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight before serving. For a pretty presentation at tea time, garnish slices of this bread with whole fresh cranberries and orange slices.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 68g|
|Recipe makes 14 servings|
|Calories from Fat 73||36%|
|Total Fat 8.42g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 4.43g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 30.73g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|