Trinity of Beans - Three Beans Salad Recipe
Beans are powerhouse of protein and have significant amount of soluble fiber, which is helpful in keeping blood cholesterol low. In India, beans are an integral part of our daily diet but we always prefer them in spicy curries along with rice or chapatti, till recently for me also beans means Rajma Masala or Lobia Curry, I never explored any other option of including beans in my diet.
- ⅓ Cup Red Kidney Beans (Rajma Beans)
- ⅓ Cup Black Eyed Beans (Lobia Beans)
- ⅓ Cup Soya Beans
- ¼ Cup Corn Kernels
- ¼ Cup Green Peas
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, seeded and chopped
- 2 - 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 - 3 Spring Onion Greens
- For the dressing:
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tsp English Mustard
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Black pepper, as per taste
- Salt, as per taste
- Wash and soak all beans in water overnight or for 5 - 6 hours at least.
- Pressure cook beans in ½ Cup water along with garlic cloves. Add a tbsp of salt and cook until beans are soft, for me it usually takes 5 - 6 whistles on low flame.
- Once the beans are cooked, drain in a colander and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a pan add a tbsp of olive oil and saute corns and peas for 2 - 3 minutes.
- For the dressing, mix in all the ingredients in a jar and close the lid, give it a nice shake. Keep aside until required.
- For assembling, arrange beans in a bowl add chopped onion, tomatoes, corns, peas and pour dressing over it.
- Mix nicely using spatula or fingers. Adjust seasoning as per taste.
- Sprinkle chopped spring onion greens on top and enjoy!!!
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 370g|
|Calories from Fat 483||78%|
|Total Fat 54.73g||68%|
|Saturated Fat 7.6g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 31.37g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.0g||20%|