Torta di Capelli D’Angelo con Melagrana (Angel Hair Cake with Pomegranite) Recipe
- 1 cup pomegranite seeds
- 1 TBLSP Chambord
- 1 1/4 cup ricotta
- 4 eggs separated
- 4 ounces mascarpone
- scant 1/2 cup sugar
- grated zest of 1 large orange
- scant 1/2 lb cappellini- more like 7 ounces
- 1/2 cup almond meal, divided
- Ingredients for Crema D'Anglaise Chambord:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 vanilla bean split lengthwise and seeds scraped out
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 large or extra-large egg yolks
- 1 tblsp of Chambord or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place the pomegranite seeds in a bowl and stir in the Chambord. Set aside to macerate while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- With a hand mixer, beat the ricotta, egg yolks, mascarpone, sugar, and zest till smooth and blended.
- Break the angel hair pasta into 2 or 3 pieces and drop into a pot of salted water which is at a rolling boil. Cook for 2-3 minutes- pasta should be pretty al dente. Drain and quickly rinse lightly to cool a bit.
- Stir into ricotta mixture.
- Stir in reserved pomegranite mixture and 1/4 cup almond meal.
- Beat egg whites till stiff and fold into ricotta/pasta mixture.
- Butter springform pan and shake reserved 1/4 cup of almond meal into pan to coat
- Bake for 50-60 minutes till set and golden. Cool 5 minutes on rack, run a thin knife around edge and remove sides of pan. Allow to cool till warm.
- Sprinkle with confectionerâs sugar and serve with Crema D'Anglaise flavored with Chambord (BELOW) and sprinkle with more pomegranite seeds
- Crema D'Anglaise
- Heat cream, milk, vanilla beans and seeds in a small saucepan. Allow to steep for 30 minutes. Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Reheat cream to barely simmering. While whisking quickly dribble just a bit of the hot cream into the yolks. Put yolk mixture back into saucepan of cream and stir constantly over medium low heat till custard reaches 175 degrees- do not boil. Remove from heat and pour through a strainer into a bowl. Stir in 1 tblsp of Chambord. Allow to cool, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate till cold
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner