Tofu croquettes Recipe
- 1 pkg firm tofu (12 oz or 350 g) shopping
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs (30 g)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce (a lighter soya sauce) (30 ml)
- 1 tsp dried thym (5 ml)
- 1 tsp curry powder (5 ml)
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup whole raw hazelnuts (75 g)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Crumble the tofu with your fingers or in a food processor.
- Put into a large bowl and add the eggs, bread crumbs, garlic, tamari sauce and the seasonings. Mix well.
- Grind the hazelnuts in a coffee grinder. Reserve.
- Make six patties or croquettes with the mixture and flatten with your hands or a fork. Dip them into the hazelnut mixture until fully covered.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan and cook the patties or croquettes until golden brown on each side.
- Serve on a hamburger bun with your favourite toppings, lettuce, tomato, etc. or serve topped with your favourite tomato sauce as a side dish.
- If you do not have or do not like hazelnuts, you can subtitute with bread crumbs.