Tinolang Manok with Luyang Dilaw Recipe
Normally my grandma will use a native chicken when cooking this soup dish. I like it that way too. Native chicken has more powerful taste. Very tasty.
- 1/2 Chicken cutlets (native chicken is preferred)
- 2 med Papaya or sayote, chopped 1 inch thick
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 med Onion, sliced
- 2 inches Luyang Dilaw, jullienned (turmeric)
- 1 bunch Chili leaves, washed
- 1 bunch Pechay tagalog
- 2 tsp Fish sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Canola oil
- 1 Chicken cubes (optional)
- 3 cups water (add more as needed)
- In a heated pot, sauté garlic, onion, and ginger in oil.
- Add chicken pieces and fish sauce, Stir fry so it would not stick.
- Add sayote stir for a minute or two.
- Add water, bring to boil, and add Chicken Broth Cubes.
- Reduce heat, let it simmer until chicken and sayote are cooked.
- Add the veggie leaves.
- Simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with calamansi and chili (labuyo) as dip.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner