The Ultimate Italian Snack Mix Recipe
Cost per serving $1.30 view details
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Crispix® cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- pinch of dried parsley flakes
- hot red pepper flakes, finely ground (optional)
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, cut to 1/8-inch thick, 1/4-inch squares
- 1/4 cup Provolone cheese, cut to 1/8-inch thick, 1/4-inch squares
- 1/2 cup Grana Padano cheese, cut to 1/8-inch thick, 1/4-inch squares
- 1/2 cup pepperoni 1-inch round stick, casing removed, cut to 1/8-inch thick, 1/4-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 225°F.
- In a glass measuring cup, add the olive oil, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, then stir. Microwave on high for 40 seconds, then stir to dissolve most of the salt.
- In a large bowl, add the Crispix® cereal. Stir the seasoned oil mixture, then drizzle it over the cereal. Immediately toss to evenly coat each piece of cereal.
- In a 13"x9"x2" baking dish, add the seasoned Crispix® cereal. Sprinkle with parsley. Optional: For a spicier snack mix, also sprinkle with hot red pepper to taste, toss to combine.
- Bake for 5 minutes, toss, repeat, until the cereal is crunchy, about 20 minutes. Transfer the cereal onto a paper towel lined cookie sheet, and cover with a layer of paper towel. Allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, add the seasoned Crispix® cereal, cheese squares, and pepperoni pieces. Toss to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy!
- NOTE: The seasoned Crispix® cereal can be prepared in advance and stored in an airtight container. Do not refrigerate. Add the cheese and pepperoni just before serving.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 92g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 200||61%|
|Total Fat 22.4g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 6.83g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.48g|
|Total Carbs 21.48g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|