Texas Tuff Chili Recipe
Alright then, are you ready for the best chili you’ll ever eat? That’s right, I said it, the BEST. Okay, I know I’ve never experienced all the chili recipes ever made, but it’s the best I’VE ever eaten. And you know what, when you make up a batch of this for yourself, it will be the BEST YOU’VE ever eaten too!
It’s time to present to you my own recipe for Texas style chili. What makes it Texas style you ask? Well, simply because I’m from Texas and it’s the style chili I grew up eating.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 large red onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 jalapeno peppers (seeded and minced)
- 1 small green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 celery stick (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 oz.) can kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 (16 oz.) can black beans (with liquid)
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (29 oz.) can pureed tomatoes
- 1. In a large stock pot, brown the ground beef along with the onion and garlic.
- 2. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring it to a boil.
- 3. Once it boils, reduce the heat and simmer for an hour covered.
- 4. Skim off any grease on the top and serve.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 338g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 169||34%|
|Total Fat 18.87g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 7.06g||28%|
|Trans Fat 1.07g|
|Total Carbs 47.18g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.5g||45%|