Texas Chili (without beans) Recipe
This is a Texas style chili without beans. However, you can add any beans that you like.
You can garnish with shredded cheese, diced onions or whole chili peppers.
Servings: 6 Bowls
Cost per serving $1.84 view details
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. cumin powder
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large can diced tomatoes plus 1 can of water
- 1 jar medium salsa (If too hot, you may prefer mild)
- 1 red pepper, cut into any size chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into any size chunks
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 bag of cheddar cheese
- Saute onion and jalapenos in olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Add chili powder and cumin after the onion and jalapenos have begun to brown.
- Stir gently.
- Add ground beef.
- Brown for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring gently.
- Gently stir in tomatoes plus one can of water, salsa, red & green peppers and tomato sauce.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour, or transfer to a crock pot and cook on low for at least 6 hours.
- Add shredded cheese, diced onions or chili peppers for garnishing.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 296g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 239||63%|
|Total Fat 26.77g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 9.55g||38%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.71g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||15%|