Tea Sandwich filling - Salmon cream cheese Recipe
Fast, easy and savory; for Tea, snacks, or parties. Use Honey Smoked salmon - http://honeysmokedfish.com - they are a local company and the product is flaky, flavorful and moist. (And cheaper than the rubbery stuff sold as "private selection".)
Cost per serving $0.61 view details
- 3/4 lb Honey Smoked salmon
- 2 8 oz packages Philadelphia cream cheese
- Capers - all or part of a 3.5 oz bottle
- Diced red onion - to taste or optional
- Fresh dill - optional
- One dozen mini bagels
- Put the cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Warm cream cheese slightly in the microwave.
- Remove the skin from the salmon and crumble into the mixing bowl. I hate the lingering odor on my hands, so use plastic gloves to handle the salmon.
- Using a pastry blender, mix the salmon uniformly into the cream cheese.
- Add capers and onions to taste.
- Spread on mini bagels. A full bagel is larger than tea-sized; recommend serving these open-faced, perhaps with a dill leaf garnish.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 57g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 59||40%|
|Total Fat 6.69g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3.67g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.27g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|