Tasty and Spicy Barbecued Ribs With Chili Sauce Recipe
Tasty and Spicy Barbecued Ribs With Chili Sauce
Servings: 4 People
Cost per serving $5.19 view details
- 2 Pork Spare ribs 3 and Down For The Rub
- 2 tbs cumin ground
- 2 tbs coriander round
- ¼ paprika
- ¼ cup garlic minced
- ¼ cup cilantro fresh, chopped fine
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs Kosher salt
- 2 tbs black pepper freshly ground
- For The Green Chili Sauce 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onion peeled, minced
- 2 tbs garlic minced
- 1 16 oz can tomatillos drained
- 4 Anaheim or Poblano Chile Peppers Diced
- ¼ cup lime juice freshly squeezed
- ½ cup cilantro fresh, coarsely
- In a small bowl, combine rub ingredients; mix well. Coat the ribs thoroughly with the rub; place them on baking sheets and roast in 200 F oven for 3½ hours.
- Don't turn them all you are doing now is slow cooking and infusing them with spices.
- While the ribs are cooking, make the sauce. In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat until hot, but not smoking.
- Add the onions and saute‚, stirring occasionally until transparent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and saute‚, stirring occasionally for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, chilies and lime juice; simmer for about 5 minutes.
- If you are using fresh tomatoes, you want them to be just starting to break down. Remove the sauce from the heat; puree in a food processor or blender, a bit at a time until smooth.
- Stir in the cilantro and set aside. If you want to serve it warm, return it to the saucepan. Just before serving, reheat over low heat.
- Remove the ribs from the oven. They can stand out for a while and then be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, or they can go right onto the grill. (If you do refrigerate them, bring them to room temperature before the final grilling.)
- When you're ready to put them on the grill, put them over a low fire and leave them there for 7 to 10 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Since they are already cooked through at this point, what you are looking for is some color and a good sear. When they have achieved this, remove them from the grill and serve them accompanied by the sauce.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 572g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 970||70%|
|Total Fat 107.66g||135%|
|Saturated Fat 34.33g||137%|
|Trans Fat 1.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.42g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||12%|