(Tastes Just Like Dunkin' Donuts') Streusel Topped Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese Glaze Recipe
Cost per serving $0.36 view details
- FOR THE MUFFINS:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Â¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Â½ tsp baking powder
- Â½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Â½ of a 15 oz. can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- Â½ cup buttermilk
- Â½ tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup canola oil
- 1/8 cup unsweetened applesauce
- FOR THE STREUSEL:
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- Â½ tsp cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- Â½ cup, plus 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- FOR THE CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
- 3 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp confectionerâs sugar (may need more or less)
- 2 Tbsp milk (may need more or less)
- Dash of vanilla
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 tin muffin pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, sugar baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, egg, canola oil, applesauce, buttermilk and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Gradually incorporate the dry into the wet ingredients in batches. Be sure NOT to overmix! Overmixing results in dry muffins. You should still have a slightly lumpy batter, as seen in the above photo.
- Fill each muffin liner Â¾ of the way full.
- Now, prepare your streusel. Combine sugars, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl. Add in melted butter and then add flour in batches â working the mixture with your hands until all is incorporated. The end result should be crumbly.
- Add streusel evenly over unbaked muffins.
- Bake for 23 â 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool completely.
- To prepare the glaze: beat softened cream cheese with confectionersâ sugar and vanilla. Add milk, one Tbsp at a time, until the right consistency is achieved.
- Using a spoon, drizzle evenly over cooled muffins.
- Refrigerate to retain freshness if not serving right away.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 88g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 74||27%|
|Total Fat 8.36g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 3.68g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 46.27g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|