Tacos Al Carbon Recipe
This is a simple steak taco recipe that emphasizes the flavor of the meat and the grill. You can spice it up by adding extra cumin or a little chili powder, jalapeno, or cayenne if you like, but it is delicious as is. Make sure to chop any additional fixings you like: I used cilantro, avocado and tomato...but they are quite tasty with just meat and tortilla!
- 2 medium white onion, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds (keep the rounds intact for easy grilling)
- 5-10 peppers (Pablano, green, jalapeno, or other based on desired spiciness. I did a mix of pablano and jalapeno)
- 3 garlic clove (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin (preferably freshly ground-you can put in extra if you love cumin)
- Liberal salt
- 1 lb skirt steak, trimmed of surface fat as well as silver skin
- olive oil, for brushing the onions and meat
- 12 warm fresh corn tortilla
- lime wedge, for serving
- Marinate the meat for at least one hour in a mixture of 1/2 onion and the garlic, lime juice, cumin and a 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Grill peppers and onion over open flame until blackened.
- Remove excess marinade, oil steak lightly and grill (2 minutes per side for medium rare-longer for thicker steaks).
- Cut steak into strips making sure to cut against the grain.
- Combine with grilled onions and peppers.
- Serve with corn tortillas. Have mexican hot sauce available.
- Sprinkle just before serving with lime wedges.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 152g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 49||29%|
|Total Fat 5.51g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1.94g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 18.07g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||11%|