Taco Skillet Recipe
It's sort of like hamburger helper, only it doesn't involve noodles or a box mix. And it tastes a whole lot better <grins>
Add 1/2 cup frozen corn or 1 cup cooked pinto beans during step four.
Top with sour cream, sliced black olives, shredded lettuce, sliced avocado, or crumbled corn chips.
Note: I recommend using low-fat and low-sodium versions of any processed ingredients such as canned soups, salsas, or vegetables.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 10 oz can low-sodium tomato soup
- 1 cup low sodium salsa or picante sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 flour tortillas, cut into 1-inch squares
- Saute onion, jalapeno, and garlic in a bit of olive or vegetable oil in a large skillet for a few minutes.
- Add crumbled ground beef, and cook until browned thoroughly.
- Drain excess fat.
- Add cut tortillas, tomato soup, water, and salsa.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until liquid is mostly absorbed and tortillas are soft.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and chopped tomato.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes before serving so cheese melts slightly.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 175g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 131||58%|
|Total Fat 14.67g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 6.92g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.11g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|