Szechwan Dusted Ahi Tuna Recipe
This is a signature dish at Brick; there's a wonderful contrast between the seared ahi tuna and the lentils.
Cost per serving $3.03 view details
- 2 lbs ahi tuna (sushi grade)
- 1/2 cup ground Szechwan peppercorn
- 1 qt beluga lentils
- 2 qt vegetable stock
- 1 qt cream
- 2 heads bok choy
- 2 tbsp white soy sauce (Shiro Shoyu)
- pinch of chili threads (can also use chili flakes)
- 1 cup "Mae Ploy" red curry paste
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup canola oil
- Dust the tuna with the Szechwan pepercorn, let sit for 10-15 minutes, and then sear rare on all sides.
- Cook lentils in vegetable stock for about 30 minutes or until cooked. Remove 1/2 of the lentils and puree with cream. Fold pureed lentils back into non-pureed lentils.
- Bok Choy:
- Saute the bok choy in the white soy sauce for a few minutes and then add the chili threads.
- Curry Paste:
- Mix together the red curry paste, lemon juice and canola oil.
- To serve:
- Lay down about 1 cup of the lentils per plate. Place some boy choy on top of the lentils and then top with ahi tuna. Drizzle the red curry sauce around the plate and on top of the tuna. Serve hot.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 781g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 597||87%|
|Total Fat 67.72g||85%|
|Saturated Fat 21.98g||88%|
|Trans Fat 0.15g|
|Total Carbs 17.4g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|