Swiss Mushroom Pheasant Breast Recipe
Cost per serving $1.68 view details
- 1 Lb. Boneless Skinless Pheasant Breast Halves
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Cup Crushed Butter-Flavored Crackers (About 25)
- 3/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Lb. Fresh Mushrooms, Sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, Divided
- 4 Thin Slices Deli Ham
- 4 Thin Slices Swiss Cheese
- Flatten pheasant to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg. Combine cracker crumbs and salt in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then roll in crumbs; set aside.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, sauté mushrooms in 1 tablespoon butter until golden brown; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook pheasant over medium heat in remaining butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Top each pheasant breast half with a ham slice, mushrooms and a cheese slice. Broil 4 - 6 in. from the heat for 1 - 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Tip: This recipe is great when you use pork chops or chicken breasts in place of the pheasant.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 245g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 169||38%|
|Total Fat 19.13g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 10.36g||41%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 26.67g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|