Sweet Strawberry Bruschetta Recipe
Cost per serving $0.14 view details
- 1 baguette (sliced into thick pieces)
- 8 ounces strawberries
- 1 tbsp balsamic reduction (I used strawberry flavoured balsamic glaze)
- 1 tsp agave nectar (optional)
- 10 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil (I used basil flavoured)
- fresh basil (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp balsamic reduction (for garnish)
- For the Strawberry Bruschetta:
- Wash the strawberries and place in a blender. Blitz until roughly chopped.
- Alternatively, you can cut the berries by hand into small pieces.
- Place in a bowl.
- Add the balsamic reduction (or balsamic glaze) and mix. Taste to see if you would like to add any sweetener. I used some agave, but you could use honey or sugar if you wish.
- Mix well and set aside till ready to use.
- For the Ricotta:
- Place the ricotta in a bowl. You can use just plain ricotta if you like (or any other soft cheese). I like to flavour my cheese, so I added some basil flavoured olive oil. You can use plain olive oil, skip this step completely or add some fresh or dried herbs to flavour the cheese.
- Mix well.
- To Assemble:
- Cut the baguette into thick slices (about 16 in total, depending on the size of the baguette).
- Slather some cheese on each slice.
- Top the cheese with some the strawberry bruschetta mixture.
- Garnish with additional balsamic, and threads of fresh basil.
Add Recipe to
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 31g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 24||62%|
|Total Fat 2.73g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1.29g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.75g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|