Sweet Potato-Pecan Casserole Recipe
Sweet Potato-Pecan Casserole is a delicious and easy to fix recipe. Once you have tried this it will become your must have side-dish for all your fall and winter holidays; but why wait until then? You can do this anytime of the year because all the ingredients are available year round. It takes only (15) minutes to assemble and only (55) minutes to cook. Source:
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into (1-inch) pieces
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, orange juice, vanilla and 1 teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl. Add sweet potatoes; toss to coat. Spoon into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Dot with 2 tablespoons of the butter. Cover.
- Bake 45 minutes or until potatoes are slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in a medium size bowl. Cut in remaining 2 tablespoons butter with fork until crumbly. Stir in pecans and marshmallows.
- Remove casserole from oven and stir gently to coat potatoes in syrup. Sprinkle evenly with marshmallow-crumb topping. Bake, uncovered, 7 to 10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and topping is golden brown.
Add Recipe to
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 134g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 59||25%|
|Total Fat 6.82g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 3.14g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 42.03g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||11%|